Changing my IS is really @_@ not going very well at all...[."] I spent like, 2 hours plus stoning, re-reading everything because my teacher edited it & now all the footnotes are haywire cause I add cross-reference points that are not footnotes & the sources they point to are totally wrong. So I'm like... so @_@ looking at all those tight & compact chinese character on the computer screen for so long. No wonder Den says he feels that he has headache looking at the computer after too long [".]
I'm so @_@ cause I don't know how to start changing everything to get higher marks T.T
I really need motivation & inspiration big time, so here I am...
This is the sermon we had yesterday. Pastor Jeff came, I was praying that it would be him preaching that day, thank You so much, God (: Although Huiyi didn't convert & she seems quite repelled by the idea of knowing God still, my God is mighty to save, He will work big time one~^^ I just know it.
23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
God's idea when He created us was for us to partner Him & enjoy work/study & life (: But after sin came in & separated us, work became a burden & a toil on us.
But when we partner with God as we study, He is able to do His purpose through us in it.
1) I must do my best in my work/studies (verse 23)
Even studying is spiritual when you do your best to study God, spiritual is not just going to church weekly & praying & reading the Bible & going for care group. It's not so much about the means as it is about the end.
We witness for Christ when we do our best. The latin word of secular gives us the english word mundane. Secular things like studying can be boring. But God works through the ordinary & secular things, though these small things, God shows forth His power. When we do our best, we will be His witnesses. We can live out the life He wants us to.
Are you credible as a christian? If you're not, & you don't even do your best in studies/worklife how will people want to know the God that you talk to & worship? We are stars for Jesus. & stars shine the brightest when the surroundings are the darkest.
2) Jesus is my ultimate boss (verse 24)
When we face difficulties, God is in charge. He's bigger than our biggest obstacles. You don't tell God how big the problem is, you tell the problem how big our God is. If our security is upon things of this world, we will be very insecure because the world we are in always changes. But God is always the same yesterday, today, forever. Only God's Word is secure & hence we can hold onto it & He can be our biggest boss. Because he outlives all other bosses on earth, He is our leader for all eternity.
(Chloe says: LOLS, boss sounds like some triad master, I prefer the words, Stronghold & Leader)
Luke 16:10-12
10 Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?
12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?
What we have on earth is worldly & temporal, we can't take them along when we die physically. Our riches & reward is to rule & reign with God in heaven for all eternity.
(LOLS, Pastor Jeff was saying do you really believe that after we go heaven all we do is play the harp & dance around on the clouds? LOLS -.-" then we will play the harp for all eternity! Then we christians are in serious trouble, especially those who are not musically inclined. I was saying to Huiyi whoa, then we will be grade 8 & can teach others how to play harp sia. Then Den said, grade 80000 sia, you play for all eternity lehs! LOLS xP Yah, of course we don't go up there to play harp & dance on clouds)
Whatever we are given & entrusted with is a test. Doing our best for God is good enough for Him. The world demands good results, God just wants our best. It's what counts to Him, & our heart attitude, not the grades or good end results.
We only have 1 life. Make it count. Because God deserves it (:
========END========
WOW, this is what I need to inspire me man~! Thank You so much, God (:
Okies, go back to doing bahs~ [."] LOLS, I shall do my IS with God by my side! x) YAY