Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spiritual gifting test

Spiritual giftings

Okies, I juz took e spiritual giftings test after dragging for so long. Actually, the 108 questions didn't take as long as I expected x) Anyway, I really want to find out what my spiritual giftings are. Although they're just a rough guide lahs @_@ I mean, I still want to grow in every single area.

Results:
1) Showing Mercy (17)
2) Serving And Pastoring /Shepherding (17 for both)
3) Giving (12)
4) Exhortation (10)
5) Evangelism (9)
6) Administration (8)
7) Teaching (7)
8) Prophecy (6)

According to the results, my number 1 dominant gift is to feel sympathy for others. Quite expected lahs @_@

"As a mercy-shower you have the Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by identifying with and comforting those who are in distress. You understand and comfort your fellow Christian. You enter into the grief or happiness of others and have the ability to show empathy which is to feel WITH others, not just for others."

Sounds just like me. Although I still think I'm quite bad at comforting others. Hahas, in other words, lyk I sort of guessed, God gave me e gift of empathy to feel love for others, to feel with them & understand their predicament, putting myself in their shoes. Oh~! Tat explains why I cry when I hear of others' suffering [."]

"As a mercy-shower you are willing to deal with and minister to people who have needs that most people feel very uncomfortable working with. You seem to say the right thing at the right time. Your personality is likely one of soft-spoken love. It hurts you to scold someone; you are very non-condemning. People love you because of all the love you give them. You find it easy to express yourself and are outgoing with a low-key, inoffensive personality. You are easy to talk to, responsive to people, a good listener, peaceable, and agreeable. You tend to make decisions based on feelings more than fact and like to think about things for a while before making a decision."

"Beware of Satan's attack on your gift. He can cause pride because of your ability to relate to others. He may influence you to disregard rules and authority. You may experience a lack of discipline because of strong feeling for those who hurt due to disobedience and sin. Don't fall into Satan's trap of complaining and griping."

YES, that's kind of true. God has been telling me that I need more humility. He really showed me so many circumstances in which I was proud. Thankfully, I picked them up!! Thank God! Or I'd juz continue & not know it. I think pride is very hard to detect, so thank You Lord for exposing my pride to me. (: I shall really do something about it.

I don't really get why I have the gift of Shepherding. I never even shepherd before! Like what the- maybe I click wrongly or what -.-" Like diaos =.= the description doesn't even sound like me

"You have a burden to see others learn and grow and are protective of those under your care. You want to present the whole Word of God and do not like to present the same materials more than once. You are willing to study what is necessary to feed your group and are more relationship oriented than task oriented. You are a peace-maker and diplomat - very tolerant of people's weaknesses. You tend to remember people's names and faces. You are more concerned with doing for others than others doing for you. You are faithful and devoted and may become a workaholic. You can become an all-purpose person in order to meet needs."

Ok, maybe tolerant of people's weaknesses. & the doing for others than others doing for you. But then...the rest sound a bit un-chloe-ish =.=

Duno y lidat -.-"

The other 1 is Serving! HUH? I dun exactly serve. I mean I serve God lahs, but not in ministry. yet.

"You enjoy meeting the practical needs of your fellow Christians and the church. You are ambitious, often involved in a variety of activities, and enjoy manual projects. You are loyal, sincere, tolerant, faithful, and devoted. Most people find you easy going, likable, congenial, and inoffensive. You can listen to others without being critical. You do not like to be in the spotlight and prefer not to express yourself publicly. You are quick to respond to needs and impressed with the need to respond when exhorted to serve. Because of this, you find it difficult to say no. You like to support a good leader. Some consider you a workaholic. You tend to emphasize practical needs over spiritual needs. "

ErR- diaos... this oso doesn't sound too much like me. erR- I find it a bit hard to say no only. Okies, maybe I do like to prepare gifts & plan outings for others. HmM [".] but the other practical needs like not really lahs @_@

& I'm not that tolerant. My anger once provoked is quite @_@ Although I really take care that it's not provoked any old how. I'm not usually angry unless someone really, really went too far.

Okies, I'm still like O.o with the results. But shall juz take it as a rough guideline & juz do my best for God.