Christmas without Jesus is 'mas.'
Oceans Will Part (Acoustic) - Hillsong
If my heart has grown cold There Your love will unfold As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
When I’m blind to my way There Your Spirit will pray As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
Oceans will part nations come. At the whisper of Your call. Hope will rise glory shown. In my life Your will be done
Present suffering may pass, Lord, Your mercy will last As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand And my heart will find praise I’ll delight in Your way As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
This is one of my favourite songs. But the most favourite song will be "Your grace is enough" by Chris Tomlin. It's a song I hold close to my heart.
"It is Your love" is ranked second x) It's another touching song that really reminds me of God's faithfulness in my life. But all the other christian songs are nice too (: That day kangli was teaching me about how to lead worship & other than living a life pleasing to God worship is about singing to God in your own words too ^^ I was thinking... Ok I don't really sing so much at free worship ...=.= I think I should really adore God with my own words. Yes the songs are nice but they're not written by me. I think what God wants to hear is what comes from the overflow of my heart, not these words that are written by others.
Today was a wonderful day spent with the Birthday Guy, God. I have really held close my promise to God in camp about praying in the Spirit more in my Quiet Time and also not treating Quiet Time as a mere Bible study session without praying. God, I need You to hold me accountable in this, especially when I start work in January. I'm quite excited (& abit fearful) to go to work ^^
today mum brought me to buy clothes for working =.= I have decided to solve the problem of not having enough clothes with sleeves by buying a white half jacket to match my old clothes so that it will not be considered revealing. There's also the black half jacket birthday present from my caregroup ^^ YAY that really saves alot of money spent on clothes I don't think I will really like to wear outside (: [really very formal & not chloe-ish] Bought 2 blouses & they are quite lacy. My sister was like, your students will think you really like lace =.= there was 30% discount at This fashion for members. For someone who's not very particular about brand when it comes to clothes & accessories, anything that looks nice / presentable enough is fine (:
thank God for the nice bonding time I had with my mum ^^ & my parents are so SUPER nice it's kinda weird [".] yesterday night we went for carolling till very late. I reached home past 12 midnight. I was quite worried when we were walking back to Chia Ling's house to take our bags to go home that I would see tons of their missed calls. BUT there was none! I was like... THANK GOD (: not that I'm happy they don't care about me or anything like that, but WOW they were so understanding.
Maybe it has to do with the christmas cards I left on the table at 2am the day before XP
God is so good to me <3 air =".="">
I was doing post camp devotions. & I have been praying a lot for God to annoint me with wisdom. Because I'm very sick of having just child like faith, which I seem to have revived recently during camp. In the past I had always thought faith meant believing everything cause God says it's like that. THEN kaboom I realised... it's not enough for others. Sure, it's enough for me. But then when I'm sharing... it becomes a hazard. Imagine me talking to my sister. "How can God exist in 3 forms? father, son, holy spirit?" & I say "He's God what, He can do anything He wants." Seriously... Who will be convinced by that type of answer =.= especially when cynicism seems to be the new trend in this generation @_@
Thus explains my desperate need for wisdom from God. Then I was doing the passage on Obedience & I never thought I would find my answer there. the passage is Joshua 1:8-9 [YAY Joshua contains my favourite verse] Under the application section, what struck me was that "wisdom comes when we see the difference between what my flesh wants to do and what God is commanding. The bigger the difference the easier the choice, (the choice to follow God) & greater the wisdom will be deposited to your account." & even "obeying Him is an automatic response of wisdom."
I never thought of it that way, that wisdom can come just from obeying God. To me, wisdom has always been gained with experience. I guess I really overlooked the fact that even recognising & then doing what is right is obedience. it is not necessarily knowing what to say & saying things that are thought-evoking during scripture discussion or anything like that. It is not being able to shut up someone who tries to overthrow all the christian beliefs & that Christians are worshipping air & obnoxious people who exclude other people & believe that there is only one God with amazing theories & parables like Jesus did.
I want to be as wise as Jesus! but I start by obeying God & doing what is right in His eyes now. & to know what is right, I cannot miss Quiet Time & 'pangsey' God. Jesus didn't pangsey us on the cross 2008 years ago. He endured the pain, the agony, the humiliation for people who deny His existence 2008 years later. God will give me wisdom. One day... by His grace, I can interpret His Word in an impactful way ^^ God, I pray You'll make me a wise shepherd T_T
Yesterday night, kangli's birthday wish struck me. She wants to revive MJ. I felt a pang of remorse & alot of burden for my school. There are at about a thousand souls in there & not every single one knows about God. God, I really don't know how... How can we revive TJ & build a strong & biblical group of people to spread Your love in TJ?
God, You really must help me... I really need to overcome fear with Your presence, with Your strength & power & annointing.
Yesterday, My sis & bro didn't receive Jesus but I was very heartened that at least they came down for service & went to the christmas party. (AAHHH but they felt out of place at the party =.= I really felt at a loss, I didn't know what to say or do -.-") but prayer is always my most powerful weapon! ^^ & at least they heard my testimony. Before that, Ruixian was sitting next to me, he told me to jiayou. & I said, I'm very afraid. then he said, no need to be afraid, God is with you. & I went up after praying a very desperate prayer. I don't think I shared well but what matters was, at least I tried & I prepared. & I didn't read monotonously from a long script! (which is what I tend to do when I affirm people -.-")
& as I was sharing, I realised very strongly, if Jesus didn't die for us, my life will really be down in the dumps. I will continue to think I'm weird, that nobody loves me (even from secondary school I always felt like this) & continue to wallow in self-pity. But this Christmas is so different because I have realised the true importance of Christmas, it's not about exchanging gifts or slacking at home on a public holiday, shopping sales, singing christmas songs, ESPECIALLY not santa =.= It's about the love of God.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His one & only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
It is a simple verse yet it sums up love. Love in its highest form, dying for people who do not even love you.
Lord, I'm amazed by You & how You love me.
Jesus my heart & my life has been changed by You. Thank You a million gazillion times. I will hold to the promises I made & I never want to leave You no matter what troubles come my way.
I love You, Lord.