Medal count so far:
1st China : 27 gold 12 silver 6 bronze total: 45
2nd USA: 16 gold 16 silver 20 bronze total: 52
Go China (: hmM but now is the track events, so I think US would probably overtake soon. Chinese can't really run that fast. It's so amazing to watch these two giant countries compete. For so many years, the US has been unrivalled. & for once, we actually see some form of competition. Not just US take all. I'm finding this rather cool & interesting to watch~ ^^V yay China is rising~!
My sister was telling me that she feels deceived & disappointed with China because of the olympics opening. I could identify with what she was feeling. I still think China should not have let the little girl who could sing better sing for the pretty & cute Lin Miao Ke. It reminded me of 200 pounds beauty. I really think that talent should be appreciated. Just becoz a little girl has not so straight teeth, it doesn't mean that she can't sing & can't be on national television!!! =.=
But since it's already done @_@ I feel sad for both of them. The little girl who really sang but was hidden becoz of "China's reputation." & Lin Miao Ke because she's not going to have a good childhood because of all that publicity.
Now for the two olympic participants I'm watching for. 1st is Michael Phelps. Although I don't agree with his pride... [".] hmM but then I guess it's like what Darcy says, he has a reason to be proud. He has won 7 gold medals this summer Olympics. & he's going for his 8th & final 1 tmr morning (in which I will be at the econs seminar UGH @_@) I mean... wow, u gotta admit, this guy is really something.
I realised that a lota girls in our sch r crazy about him. Hope I dun becum one of them. I mean, I really find him cool & I support him!!! (: really hope to see him achieve that 8 golds he trained SO extremely hard for! & he's really sets goals & goes all out to achieve them. Although a medal isn't exactly what I'd consider a worthy goal, but I'm not him. & everyone has different goals in life ^^
By the way, I read this article. "So what does Phelps listen to on his I-pod" & I was quite amused by it. Coz he's alwaz seen with an I-pod plugged in b4 swimming his races, whenever on land. LOLS x) The press is having a field day watching this guy.
Was at tuition today so didn't watch today's spectacular race where he won by 1 hundredth of a second in 100m butterfly finals, getting him his 7th gold. Serbia's Milorad Cavic was leading all the way only up till 99.9% of the race. Me & my brother were feeling quite sad for him. Can u imagine his frustration? Although I still support Phelps xP Sometimes, it's so easy to get carried away supporting someone. We become so irrational and ridiculous at times. Just like me now @_@ hahas, oh well, I think Phelps is really good, so just wishing that he gets what he worked so hard for (:
So happy for him ^^ Hope he wins tmr's race man! T.T so sad I won't be able to watch him in action after tomorrow's match T_T Olympics seems more sian without him [."]
The 2nd person I'm rooting for is... Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei. I watched Singapore's Ronald Susilo's match with him. Btw, Lee is ranked world number 2 (:
I was so impressed by him! He's really amazing, the way he saves & his ability to stretch is really... WOW! Ronald Susilo was like, thrashed. Wad a painful match for Singaporeans rooting for him @_@ Anyway Lee is competing with Lin Dan for gold tomorrow too! Duno what time but I really hope he wins!


On a side note, he looks cute when he smiles. LOLS x) Hahas, sorry, I'm a fan of Lee too xP
God, I really need more... conviction & determination. Like these olympic participants! Setting goals, working 200% towards it & achieving it, always remaining calm & positive.
But my determination & conviction shall come from You. Convict me, Lord, in completing my IS & even more, more & more in inviting others for JUMP. I pray for courage & discipline. & I thank You for always being able to cheer me up whenever I feel burdened or troubled ^^ thank You, Daddy God (: