Introducing Chloe's new precious little friend (actually it's not little at all, it's super thick & quite big)... *drumrolls* New International Version Quest Study Bible by Zondervan!!!Details:
Answers to Your Puzzling Questions Revised in-text notes and articles answering nearly 7,000 of the most commonly asked questions about specific Bible passages.
Many people want to read the Bible but are hindered or even prohibited because they’re afraid they won’t understand what it means. The NIV Quest Study Bible, answers thousands of the most commonly asked questions—based on extensive research of Bible readers. The editors of Christianity Today International, along with over 100 respected Bible scholars and pastors, have developed this engaging and straightforward study Bible to guide readers in their search to understand the Scriptures.
This revision offers the same popular format as the original Quest Study Bible with 100 new articles and 800 new side-column notes formatted as questions and answers. New features include color verse numbers for verses with questions answered in the side column, an article index, plus an expanded subject index that categorizes all articles and side-column notes.
FEATURES: •Nearly 7,000 side-column Questions and Answers (800 new) addressing basic textual, historical, and theological questions. •Verse numbers in color to indicate a Question and Answer on that verse. •Over 350 Articles (100 new) tackling provocative questions by contemporary readers of the Bible. •New article index and expanded subject index help you find the answers you're looking for. •Book Introductions answering questions about each Bible book. •Timelines showing relationships between biblical events. •Over 150 two-color in-text charts, timelines, and maps furnish the background information you need to understand different passages. •Scripture Link cross references. •Small in-text letter “D” after words with definitions in the dictionary. •Expanded Subject Index including all Questions and Answers and Articles. •Concordance, dictionary, 16-page full-color map section, new 7-page full-color timeline section, and reading plans assist your study of the Bible. •Reading plans. •Presentation page. •Single-column format. •Two-color design throughout. •Uses the clear, accurate New International Version text. •9-point type.
Yes, I'm loving this new study bible of mine (: YAY ^^V I woke up yesterday aching (from 2.4 run coz I think I pushed myself quite hard considering I have not run in 2 whole weeks =.= sighs but it was worth it. Got 15.00 minutes, my best timing so far. Thanks to God who was with me throughout asking me not to stop & juz perservere) & then my Holy Spirit told me, "Go get your study bible today." So that was what I did. All the way to Eastpoint from my house, then back to somerset for service... Arrived at 11am. But the shop opens at 12. So I went to have lunch then walked around. Time passed, it was already 12 but there was no shopkeeper in sight. I was like.. oh my tian!!! Please let the person come!!! I'll be late for service! (service was earlier, at 1.30pm because of ndp, want to avoid the jam at the central area) & then I prayed & prayed & prayed very impatiently & very desperately.& then when I finally was more calm & clear minded, (LOLS, praying does that to me) I was looking at the free thing section outside the shop & I was taking the bookmarks which are really adorable (: then the shopkeeper came! I was like O.o he asked if I was waiting for him & apologised. I was like, oh, it's ok. Then I went in & was like... I duno which to choose. God didn't tell me which 1 to buy. So I asked the shopkeeper. He took both out & asked me to see for myself. So I chose Quest because it was more suitable for me. Then... this is the most amazing thing!!! He gave me a 10% discount coz I was his 1st customer & I waited outside b4 he came without leaving. He told me this, "patience pays off." I was like... WOW! I mean, although it's still quite ex lahs, but still... I saved $$$! & I got to service on time!! (: I was so blessed that I decided to give an offering, the largest amount I've ever given for offering. (maybe it's not that large for some of us but still... YAY~) Thank You God~ (: I feel so blessed by You!!
During service, Pastor Shirley told us to spam God's word into our life. LOLS, I'm already doing it =.= LOLS x) & she reinforced the importance of loving His Word. I really think with the study bible, Leviticus is such an interesting chapter! It addresses a lot of questions that I find myself asking but is too troublesome to go & ask someone. Although the bad point is, I tend to be limited by it a bit, coz it has everything then I won't bother to ask God for the answer. But I think as I mature, I'll definitely ask questions that the study bible will not have an answer for. So yups. Btw, another thing is, it's too big & bulky & not to mention, precious to bring to school everyday. So I've decided next service I shall buy a smaller bible (: The study bible's really worth it!! ^^ I'm in love all over again. the Old Testament seems so much more interesting with it. & I think I will gain deeper insights reading the New Testament using it (:
Thank God for all His kindly & friendly reminders~ ^^ 
I'm so proud of Beijing for their spectacular opening for Olympics. Although I din get to watch it live coz I chose to obey God & go for JC anniversary. But I looked at video clips & read the news about it. I am so proud 2 be a chinese! I'm so proud of Beijing & I really think Zhang Yimou is an amazing choreographer! It was really so amazing! I'm so glad that the dreams of the chinese came true & it was so successful (:
I'm quite =.= by some of the western media, who praised China grudgingly. Don't mix politics with sports can! This is the Olympics, oh my sky! Plz be more mature can... -.-" gosh @_@ Anyway, the wow factor was definitely there ^^
& ndp pales in comparison. But then again, ndp & olympics r not comparable.
I enjoy the fireworks the best every year. Fireworks hurray~ (: btw this year's fireworks festival 08 is on 21st & 22nd of August ^^ Wonder if I should go. Actually... I shouldn't go right? I've gone for the past 2 years & prelims are near... [."]
sighs... the thought of prelims [".] Oh well~ I shall stop slacking & go & chiong my IS & study for Lit + Econs... T.T & my sms is on the verge of exploding.
I must be firm but nice still. I don't understand how come I'm only trying to be more Christ like & nice & I tend to attract rather unwanted attention. & I don't want to give people the wrong impression. I'm nice to everyone! (At least, I try to be to the people I dislike)
Jiayou Dar (: His prelims are right after national day, starting on tuesday! I muz remember to keep him & my care group in prayer!! he was touched & said it was totally necessary when I told him I would pray for him. that's a good sign anytime ^^ I'm so glad we are friends~
I need to find another time to catch up with Hweeli & Linxiu & Huiyi. Just that we are all so busy T.T
Oh well, shall chiong IS now!! NOW
Strive on, everyone!We can do it!
Happy belated birthday to Singapore (: We're a young & rising nation x) we're gona have a tough year ahead like Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said.