Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shocked

Shocking message

Eve sent us an audio sermon delievered by Paul Washer. You can find it on Youtube. I shall embed it here for convenience.




The video description says "This is a Shockingly Powerful & Biblical messagepreached to about 5,000 youth in a day when youth are appealed to through shallow and worldly means.

At one point in this sermon the 5,000 Youth are clapping and yelling BUT THEN the preacher makes a comment that CHANGES THE WHOLE ATMOSPHERE TO WHERE YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP... As you can imagine, the preacher was never invited back.

We believe the whole sermon will be a blessing to many souls. For more info about Paul Washer go to www.heartcrymissionary.com"

I don't know much about this preacher. But I think the sermon message rings incredibly true. I guess I could ask Louis/ Kangli to check it to assess the credibility.

But it's really based on the Word, 2 Corinthians 13:5 & 1 John.

It is really about examining yourself & it asks really, extremely tough questions I believe all Christ followers should ask themselves.

Like Eve told us in the email, "it is certainly very challenging and unorthodox and unpleasant to listen to. You do have to look quite deeply into what he's saying sometimes to reconcile yourself to it."

Really, the world has enough sermons about "God loves you" lalala, we are saved, end of story. *rolls eyes* Christian life was never meant to be a bed of roses