Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My future...?

My future...?

NUS ranked 10th & NTU 14th for the top 100 institutions of higher learning in Asia in 2008

The "Asian University Rankings" which was compiled for the first time, was provided by London-based QS Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd, the compilers of the Times Higher Education world university rankings.

In the World ranking, NUS ranks 30th & NTU ranks 77th.

I'm not a person who looks at rankings because I really doubt the credibility, especially the way they formulate the score. I just found it interesting that NTU wasn't that far behind NUS when we're looking at Asia.

http://www.topuniversities.com/worlduniversityrankings/methodology/simple_overview/

Weightings are decided upon by Times Higher Education based on their opinion of the importance of the measured criteria balanced against the effectiveness of the indicator to evaluate the intended measure.

Then again to be fair, it is truly difficult to formulate these rankings given the vast differences in methodology & pedagogy across the world.

I don't know what's stopping me from accepting my offers. I am really more inclined to go to NTU comm studies. I guess it's the feeling of knowing this is what you're gonna do in the future. I mean, sure, people don't always end up being in a job that's in the industry of the degree they hold, but the bosses would definitely want someone who has the expertise & can do the job better.

What will I do if I go to FASS? Eng Lit? Comm & New Media? (Wouldn't it make more sense to go NTU if I'm going to do this?) Pol science? Psychology? Sociology?

If I can go to TJ when I live in Bishan, why not NTU in pioneer/boon lay? O.o

Maybe that's precisely why I don't want to travel so far anymore. It's so tiring! ): Sure, I love TJ because it's where I met the love of my life-my Lord & Saviour, because of my lovely friends, my caregroup BUT there are undeniably days when I wake up & pray that God would give me the highness to be excited about school because I have to wake up early! T.T

My mum asked, does it matter that you didn't get the scholarship? You can still go into teaching right?

Yes, but... it has forced me to question whether I am cut out for this job. I used to believe strongly that teaching is my calling but I'm not so sure anymore.

Lord, where do I go from here?

& the thing is, I did pray, Lord, please close some doors for me to point me to where I am to go. & He did. He closed the door of teaching. Yet there are definitely other careers besides teaching if you go into FASS.

This reminds me of what Louis once said to me when we were chilling at Starbucks. It's just like you tell God, please direct my paths, & yet when He closes a road, you keep staring at that road & ask "But why, Lord? I thought You wanted me to do this?" & God says "You see, my dear child, I-" But here, you cut in immediately & tell Him, "No! But I really believe that You were guiding me there! Why? Why? Why?" God politely says "My dear child, because...." & here you cut in YET again, "But I really wanted to do this! Why, why, why?!"

But all along, you were the one who told Him in the first place to close some doors.

Don't ask God to direct your paths if you are unwilling to move your feet.

OK, God, I am so sorry ): I am such an indecisive child of Yours.

I went back to school last week & met Mr Fazli. He asked what I was doing now, what course I'm going to take in the future. I told him maybe mass comm & he said, if it's what you like, then you'll enjoy it.

I guess that's right. Doing what you like (not your parents/your friends/your boyfriend) & knowing that God will make a way & get you a job. Somehow, everything will fall into place because He already has the best plan for me.

Stop worrying & fretting Chloe! You have Someone powerful watching over you~ ^^Heck lah, I'm just going to accept NTU's offer & trust in God's perfect plan.

& I will stop looking at the closed door. (LOLS~)