Random Names
Was just looking at different names [."] & these are the four names that struck a chord in me, not by any order of preference. Okies, I might not get a chance to really use it just yet, it really just depends on what God's plan is, & when my parents will be open to their daughter being water baptised. I suspect it's when I'm 21 years old (as seen by how they keep telling me during dinner these days that they want me to open my eyes to choices around & not be "restricted" by Christianity=.=). I think I would rather wait patiently for the right time (much as I would really like to be water baptised) then for them to blow up & cause myself to be barred from church.
"... I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God ... unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:3,5)
I was merely thinking about it because Louis was telling us yesterday that the next water baptism date is coming. Off-handedly, he said, Chloe you're not water baptised yet. the last time Melissa (who was my shepherd then) & Louis asked me about it, I said I wasn't ready. I was only 5 months old then, I think. & at that point of time, I thought... isn't water baptism done when you're spiritually mature & wise? O.o
But then now I have understood that... Jesus commanded it. & water baptism is an outward sign of dying & resurrecting in Christ. & there is no "ready or not ready time for it."
"... buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all your trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." (Colossians 2:12-14)
Chloe- Abundance, verdant & blooming. Chloe was a Christian woman of Corinth who informed Paul of the disputes within the local church.
The name I'm known by now because Wei Mun is really very difficult for people to remember. When I tell people you can just call me Chloe instead of Wei Mun, I can really sense their relief. LOLs xP & I didn't exactly check the meaning of this name before I gave it to myself. Because I just heard it from some television show & felt it sounded nice so I decided one fine day that I would be called Chloe from then on. LOLS x)
But then if you think about it, the sense of being reborn is not there because it's a name everyone calls you by already. HmM [".] but of course, I like the name Chloe and would very much like for it to be on my birth cert.
LOLS then I can save $$ & add the name without paying if it's my water bapt name. GOSH!!! like I would seriously be so cheapskate, to just call myself Chloe because I want to save $$$ -.-" Just go & add it with my pay I'm getting next month lahs. Like, how expensive can it be? =.=
Esther-The Biblical baby name Esther is Persian in origin and it's meaning is Star. Esther appears as a woman of deep faith, courage and patriotism in the Bible. Esther can also be understood to mean "hidden" in Hebrew.
Esther was also a very beautiful woman in the Bible (: & our church camp featured Esther as one of the five Heroes. When a christian thinks of Esther, the word that comes to mind automatically is "courage." Which is exactly what I lack most. Because if you have served God together with me, when He asks me to do something, I will worry here, worry there, I will be very unconfident & not dare to do it, thus wasting alota time struggling with fear. Courage is an aspect I totally, 100% need/want to grow in.
& the part about being hidden to me really connotates a spirit of servanthood. To serve in the background & not in the limelight, to hide in the back & to be a strong pillar of support.
Faith- self explanatory
Because faith is really what a relationship with God is about. Without faith, we will not even be living life the way we are now. We will be lost souls. Faith is the basis of everything. Without faith, the other qualities we have are quite useless & what we can do is limited. A very common name though.
[Matthew 17:20 He told them, "Because of your lack of faith. I tell you with certainty, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you]
Bella- short form of '-Bella' names such as Isabella or Annabella. French meaning: Sometimes used as an independent name associated with the French word belle, meaning beautiful. Hebrew meaning: Devoted to God. Hungarian meaning: Intelligent.
When "Christ" and "Bella" is merged together to form "Christabella" which is such a pretty name, its meaning is "beautiful christian." LOLS this makes me sound kinda superficial for wanting a name like this. I sound so bimbotic when I say it's a pretty name =.= Christabella is a very rare female first name (:
{Chloe's own interpretation of the name LOLS} But when taken apart, Christabella's "Christ" represents my desire to be more like Jesus Christ, the master of evangelism, the master of showing mercy, love personified...the only perfect & sinless person that ever walked the earth. He embodies everything I want to grow in. Even the courage & faith & perseverance part. The second part "Bella" means intelligent, devoted to God and beautiful. So the 'Bella' once again reinforces my desire to be more like God and give my life to Him.
Yah, I know I'm anything but intelligent, I mean it's not an adjective you'd associate with me LOLs xP
Wow, that was so fun~ ^^ I'll mark this post & come back soon when I am going to be water baptised x) Maybe I should go & pray about it NOW.
But personally I love Christabella for the meaning that I've given to it myself. HAHAS xP I wonder which name God would like for me (: maybe it's not even on this list.