The Duck & the Devil
There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced in the woods; but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner. As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square inthe head and killed it.
He was shocked and grieved! In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile; only to see his sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch the next day Grandma said, 'Sally, let's wash the dishes' But Sally said, 'Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen.' Then she whispered to him, 'Remember the duck?' So Johnny did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, 'I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper.' Sally just smiled and said, 'Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help' She whispered again, 'Remember the duck?' So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.
After several day of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's; he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck. Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, 'Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you.'
Thought for the day and every day thereafter? Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done... And the devil keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc..) ..whatever it is...You need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. He has seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven. He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you.
The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness; He not only forgives you, but He forgets. It is by God's grace and mercy that we are saved. Go ahead and make the difference in someone's life today. Share this with a friend and always remember: God is at the window! When Jesus died on the cross; he was thinking of you!
======(This was sent to me by Eve through an email)======
I thought that this makes such perfect sense. How often does the devil tell us, "hey, remember last time you didn't do what God told you to?" "Hey Chloe, you can't lead worship, you're not good enough." "Are you sure this person will come to know God? he's so unresponsive."
& God is just standing there, seeing everything & wondering how His child would react.
Yesterday night at caregroup, Kangli reminded us that God will test His instruments.
During shepherding on thursday, she was also telling me, maybe it sounds kinda stupid but when you feel like you're drifting around & not really growing much, pray for troubles to come your way. I felt it was quite absurd & wondered if she prayed for troubles in my life (obviously I wouldn't be angry even if she does, I was just curious) & she said, you already have enough trouble trying to lead worship. & I was like, hmM [."]
Hahas, oh well~ Guess I'm excused from praying for troubles... for now.
Yesterday, Jasmine stressed this... You are responsible for your own spiritual walk. YOU have to make sure that YOUR walk with God if right. If it's not right, YOU better make it right YOURSELF. Don't expect people to have to keep asking you if you're doing well. YOU better make sure YOU are a clean vessel to be used by God, YOU better make sure YOU repent the moment you sin, YOU better make sure YOU are faithful enough to take care of your own walk, YOU better do YOUR QT everyday.
Yes, we better be totally serious about this. It has always been 100% man & 100% God. & it's not going to change until Jesus returns.
God only promises His presence & power AS we act on our faith. It was & never will be given to us even before we set out to do His work. Only when we act can God bless us.
Yesterday Den joined us for service cause tertiary was combined with adults on friday night & he hadn't booked out yet. Am still trying to get used to his almost non existent hair. LOLS x) But I think he looks ok, am just not used to it yet. He still wears a hat though ^^ As expected, of course.
Was nice to catch up with him, though it's just been 2 weeks plus, it really feels like ages ago when we had his farewell & the rest of the caregroup sent him off to pulau tekong. I was amused to find that he washes his own clothes there. He asked "then what you want? two weeks wear the same thing without washing?" & he commented that the NS men uniform looks ugly. LOLS, Den is still so typically Den. I don't know if I was expecting him to become unruly/vulgar or anything but I'm just very thankful to God that he seems to be doing well inside.
Of course what, he has God with him (:
pray that he'll continue to fit in well with his new caregroup^^ & same for Chengying!!!
PS: I was asking Den if he noticed that CY was gone, as in even though we restructured we still see Justina & Melissa but CY lehs? In the end, he already met him earlier on in the afternoon. I was like... =.= ruined attempt.
Perfect Love by Hillsong United
I wanna see the broken hearts, Finding hope in God above. I wanna know I'm doing all I can. So with this life, with all I am, No matter what the cost may be, I pray to see Your love become our cause
I won't stop believing You alone are, You alone are God. In You there's freedom
Your love brings me to my knees again. We're gonna bring an anthem of love. We're gonna live for You now
This perfect love, I can't explain. This way of life that has no end, Your mercy satisfies, it's all I need. My purpose found in You alone, To love the lost and bring them home. We were made to glorify our king
Your love brings me to my knees again. We're gonna bring an anthem of love. We're gonna live for you. May Your love become my every thought. I wanna know the sound of Your heart.I wanna live for You now
Sing, You, you bring me life, You bring me hope, You're all I need