Monday, January 26, 2009

Chinese New Year 09

Chinese New Year 09
This is really very random but I just found out that it takes $60 to change your name in your IC =.= *Sighs* So expensive!!! @_@ & if you're under 21, you need the consent of both of your parents. & that's not all, that's for them to change the IC, before that you need something called a Deed Poll, which costs $90. So that totals to $150. Just to add a "Chloe" to my name.

OKAY... God, I shall wait till I am financially independent [."] it's not like it's a priority right now.
This year's Chinese New Year I actually managed to talk more to my cousins compared to the previous years. Even so, I still find that the age gap thing is kinda hard to cross [".] Plus they are mostly guys. I talked to Amsten (I don't even know how to spell his name) cause he was from Chongfu Primary in the past & surprisingly, he had met my supervisor at City hall not long ago. I was really stunned by the coincidence. but soon after, I was like, that's so typical of God, to arrange such little coincidences. I'm sure there are tons for me to find out about every single day (:

Met Weeting & spent time with her. I borrowed my sister's laptop to type my intern journal (Ok, God, I have not been very faithful in keying in the internship journal... repent, repent T_T) & I only managed to rush 2 days =.= The rest of them were playing the poker card game sitting on the floor. But Amsten & Melvin were kinda left out cause only 4 could play at one time. Boyan was sitting near Raymond though he wasn't playing. Only the two guys were on the sofa & I was on a chair next to them, on my sis's laptop.

Then they finally ended their game. I could tell that the two guys were interested. my sis urged them to join so we could swap players. Though they declined, I felt that actually who wouldn't want to be included in a game. So I suggested instantly, why not we play UNO together? Everyone can play UNO.

The guys were like, huh? at first cause UNO isn't exactly a "MAN" game. More of a childhood kinda game. But then Melvin joined in & Amsten watched on. & I joined in the game too so that it would be more fun with more people.

In the end, I lost the game! @_@ What a clown Chloe is! x_x didn't manage to get rid of all my cards! In that 1 hour plus, (Yes, UNO can really go on & on & on until everyone clears the cards in their hands) we talked & laughed & had fun sabo-ing each other by making others draw cards. It was so... unlike how we usually were.
Really thank God for the little bonding session ^^ I mean, there wasn't any open doors today, but I still am very grateful to God for the little things He prompts me to do. If I had chosen to sit there typing my intern journal, I wouldn't be in on the fun & getting to know my cousins just slightly better.
Sent Weeting the twilight series (: She shared with me two websites to watch movies (http://www.funshion.com/)or to watch idol dramas. (http://www.mysoju.com/)I'm still not done with Eclipse after reading Twilight & New Moon... Am not even halfway through [."] AAHH Edward Cullen is so totally my dark knight ^^

I wanna share this part I love from the book [The Jesus I never knew] actually, it was taken from J.B.Philips' story.

A senior angel is showing a very young angel the splendours of the universe. they view whirling galaxies and blazing suns, and then flit across the infinite distances of space until at last they enter one particular galaxy of 500 billion stars.

As the two of them drew near to the star which we call our sun and to its circling planets, the senior angel pointed to a small and rather insignificant sphere turning very slowly on its axis. It looked as dull as a dirty tennis-ball to the little angel, whose mind was filled with the size & glory of what he had just seen.

"I want you to watch that one particularly," said the senior angel, pointing with his finger. "Well, it looks very small from here and rather dirty to me,"said the little angel. "What's so special about that one?"

To the little angel, this little planet, Earth, did not seem impressive. He listened in stunned disbelief as the senior angel told him that this planet, small and insignificant and not overly clean, was the renowned Visited Planet.

"Do you mean our great & glorious Prince... went down in person to this fifth-rate little ball?... why should He do something like that... " the little angel's face wrinkled in disgust. "Do you mean to tell me," he said, "that He stooped so low as to become one of those creeping, crawling creatures of that floating ball?"

"I do, and I don't think He would like you to call them 'those creeping, crawling creatures' in that tone of voice. for, strange as it may seem, He loves them. He went down to visit them to lift them up to become like Him."

The little angel looked blank. Such a thought was beyond his comprehension

=================

You know, I'm not a creation pathway person. As in, I don't look at God's creation, at the complexity of the human body or the vastness of the universe and space and think, WOW God is real because nobody can have the intelligence or wisdom to create something so complex. We can't just exist on our own, even if you believe in evolution, it all has to have a beginning right?

This passage is... just thought provoking. We might seem like our own world to ourselves, everything is "Me" or "me & my friends/family." We might think of ourselves as superior to animals because we have sentience. But in actual fact, we are so tiny & so minuscule to God & yet He still bothers about us.

If God's grace is really ever so apparent in your life, you will detest sin as much as He detests it & grow to have a heartbeat that is closer to His. Sounds confusing but think it makes so much sense (:

Thank God for the hongbao money which I have decided to save in full amount and spend my salary instead. I don't want to spend the hard-earned money of others on things that are merely wants & not needs.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.~Luke 12:34