Sunday, April 19, 2009

Went for NTU preadmission talk

NTU pre-admission talk

Basically, we just went there to listen more to what the degree Comm Studies is about (:

The dean addressed us & the division heads (there are 4 in comm studies) spoke to us about the courses in each concentration.

I must admit, I am very impressed.

Diana Ser from their alumni, currently with Channel Newasia was invited & she spoke to us. She was very engaging & she is really a very critical woman who is not afraid to make her voice known.

Apparently, the people who received the invitation were shortlisted but not everyone had been accepted into the course yet. the cohort every year is about 160+

By the way, they changed their way of choosing their intake. In previous years, they always had a written test & a group interview. Starting from our year, they just looked at other criteria (which I'm assuming refers to mostly grades) I guess it really spares me the trauma of having to go through an interview (UGH God, interviews are really my Achilles heel! T.T)

Everyone was dressed rather fashionably. Ok, I know it's uni & all but still... I felt quite intimidated by the need to impress & to keep up something as superficial as outward appearances. & almost everyone spoke in accented english. (Yahs, kind of no surprise there for a course that has a B grade for Gp as one of its pre-requisites=.=)

Still figuring out what I want to do for God. So... *drifts around aimlessly*