Random updates
1) I went home & saw an envelope from NUS on my table. NUS FASS is inviting people to their FASS @ NUS Day, sat 16th May 09, 11am to 6pm.
"Wow, great, this should help me in my decision making about the course I'm taking in uni," Chloe thought cheerfully to herself.
I took out my hp calendar instantly & checked my schedule. A note says "Hope Centre Flag Day 8am to 1pm." Service starts at 2:3opm to about 5pm. Once you travel to Clementi, you might as well not have gone.
My first reaction was really something I'm not proud of: Oh crap... ): UGH what is wrong with me sia? Why did I agree to go for flag day? ARGH! God, can't You just let me go to find out more about FASS? You know I don't know where to go yet ARGH!
Then I realised that, oh my gosh. Chloe, seriously, get a grip. Hope Centre flag day is important. We need the funds to help the needy in Hope Centre. We're not just a church that reaches out to non-believers, we also want to play a part in the society by helping the less fortunate. What are you doing?
Secondly, how could you even think of not going for service? Would a talk at the school help you decide your course for sure? Has not God already given you a place in your wildest dreams in both the schools? What more do you want?
That was when I understood more about the weight of what it means to take up your cross & follow Jesus.
Is helping people through flag day, being a good example for others by going for service & learning more about the Word of God at the same time more important than going for the open house?
Without doubt, Yes.
So this is what they say when they tell you, when you go into uni, you will face a lot of temptations & you will have a lot of difficult choices to make regarding matters that might cause you to serve God less.
The importance of being grounded firmly in God's Word.
2) Louises are in Tekong already
Did not manage to see Louis Chong off. I went into tekong with Louis Peter, Apinun his shepherd & his mother. I went because I have been serving God with him in TJ cg for so long & because he is a dear brother in Christ to me. Also, he had extra tickets (: & I wanted to see what this mystery island was like for myself.
Tekong was an eye opener. It looked like a resort when we got off the boat. But erk... when we went in =.=
hahas~ ops, sorry if I'm offending anyone who simply LOVES & ADORES tekong. (I seriously doubt any recruits will belong to this category)
There was also this video before the recruits took their oath of allegience to serve the nation & give their lives to her. They played this obviously self-composed song starting with "sons of singapore serve the nation..." I was like really fighting not to burst out laughing in my seat. I had to keep biting my lip.
Apinun told me, heys at least they tried to be relevant. LOLS LOLS
Junwei & CY booked out yesterday night. I called CY to talk to him. To be a Christ follower in NS where people around are spouting vulgarities, talking about girls & sex so flippantly is SERIOUSLY very difficult. You must be so firmly grounded in God so that you do not drift away & become lost in the world.
We are in this world, but we do not have to believe in values of the world which are wrong.
I look forward to hearing from Louis two weeks later when he comes out botak. (No, he still had his hair on him when we bidded him goodbye after we had lunch with him)
I miss him. I have never been in cg without him before. (Well, he's always been my leader from TJ to pioneers to TJ+MJ now) Everything's comparatively so quiet without his random jokes in between the sermon during service or whenever he has a chance to talk (LOLS)
Whatever~ with or without him, we will do a good job building up TJ+MJ cg for God (:
3) Had a good time getting to know my family of God more
I am really very thankful to God for all the opportunities He has given me to get to know Tianli, Eileen, Clarence, Ryan better slowly. & for placing Xianjue under my care as my sheep so I can help her to lead a fulfilling life with God's annointing.
Eating mango shaving ice at Eskimo (Dhoby Ghaut Exchange) is a good bonding activity ^^ & it's delicious!
4) Job
Working as a telemarketer for now at Dennis Wee Properties (property agency) I sort of understand why Louis used to tell me he doesn't feel like going to work (he worked as a telemarketer before too) Thank God it's only 2 hours each time so it's not that bad. Bearable. Also, it's near my house at toa payoh. Really really a God blessed job introduced by my dear cousin Weeting. It is really hard to earn commission & find people wanting to sell/buy houses. Most ppl hang up on us.
But oh well~ at least I'm not totally jobless.
The money for my previous job as a traffic control gal is going into funding my church camp fee so... I really need a job to support myself & if I want to continue to be able to bless other people with gifts/cards.
5) My uncle is very ill
In rather critical condition. I don't know what I can do besides pray. If God makes a miracle happen, I believe my family would be one step closer to knowing Him. I know He can. the problem is, can I create that atmosphere of faith He hopes to see for it to happen?
6) Exercising twice a week thing
YES I am still keeping to it! thank God! I'm really very happy that I can keep to it ^^ Going swimming at Linxiu's house tmr. So fun (:
I LOVE THE FEELING OF EXERCISING xD
7) Powerful message this week
God has been speaking to me very strongly this whole week through shepherding, service teaching & then district meet teaching.
I can always hunger more for Him & His Word.
It all goes back to the basics: Doing everything because you are called to be a child of God. & He loves you.