Thursday, April 29, 2010

& our lenses hold so much potential

Purpose driven love

As I was preparing myself in the 10 minutes before GV12 [Aesthetics & creative techniques in the moving images] examination started today, I was just praying on my own, when Charn's half-suaning & half-empowering prayer reminded me that I am mugging for an awesome end in mind: To do what I love --> engaging the masses through reading/ writing & images (be it static or moving)


Ultimately, storyboarding, cinematic techniques, all that I learnt in GV12 will be useful to some extent in the future.

It reminded me of what Tracy was saying last shepherding in Mac's as we ate our cinnamon melts about doing something with full conviction, with God in the picture.

HmM [".] God is so cool! ^^

Anyway, I have a new addition to Chloe's Family of Loved. [Consisting of my prized secular possessions]
Baby: My MacBook Pro
Darling: My Ipod touch

NEW ADDITION: My soon-to-be-owned [Next saturday] Canon 450D DSLR!! Also fondly named Beloved (for lack of a name that doesn't sound too sweet for something like a DSLR)

WHOO

Ok, don't ask me how much it costs... My heart & my pockets are bleeding in pain. & I'm getting a set of basic telephoto lens


I think I will buy 1 or 2 prime lens for interchangeability when I have more money. The thing I love about this DSLR is I can use it to shoot full HD clips. But the most detestable thing is the storage is on SD cards, which are super small [esp if you're shooting in full HD] So I'm still quite annoyed about that part.

My dream DSLR, the 5D mark II costs... $4.5k *gasps in disbelief* cause you'll need to buy full frame lens to use it to its best I'm BROKE @_@

I shall just be content with a 450D (:
Rather newly released model, portable, user-friendly & can shoot movies (though there's so little space to store the clips)
I'd say it's one of the easier DSLRs to grasp & value for money for a newbie like me!