Saturday, April 10, 2010

Exams are just around the corner

& it's that time of the year again (:

YUPZ... exams are going to start the week after next! Am quite excited for this sem, though I'm super unconfident & unprepared. Excited to see God moving powerfully as I partner with Him(:

Was just talking to Tracy that day & she asked whether I would still praise God if I wasn't able to maintain the good grades I had last sem.

Even though I knew that it was 90% true that I wanted to do well to be a salt & light, to my parents, to the people around me, heys, serving God doesn't mean cui grades but the Holy Spirit was telling me that, Chloe, the other 10% is simply just a desire to prove that you are not stupid. & that really stems from insecurity. Insecurity that in this extremely competitive batch of CS year 1 students, I will be ousted.

I don't want to be caught in this spiral. Grades never used to be like that to me. I don't want to be influenced by this rat race mentality that people around me have.

I need to praise God for the A's, & also praise Him for the B's & (oh no!) C's.

Romans 12:2 [ESV]
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

God, whatever it is, I must remember that in this season of examinations, I should focus on something higher.

My purpose in life is not just to get good GPA. We were all made for something greater than that