艋舺

I really felt that I should do the film some justice by promoting it here!
Honestly the plot is quite predictable (in some sense) but I really liked the ending because of the director's ability in capturing all the characters' stage of life & state of mind.
The best scene to me was the street fighting scene in 1 take. I am still looking at it continuously & wondering how the cameraman managed to achieve such an effect. It seemed like handheld yet not exactly either. Anyway the perspective and the angle of the shots in the mis-en-scene is just WHOO HOO!
The other scene that left the deepest impact was the low angle wall scene with the 5 brothers looking back at 趙又廷 & the sky in the foreground. The dialogue the main character 阮經天 said to 趙又廷 struck a chord in me. & to add, these two's acting has really improved tremendously. I felt that 小天's crying scene was the ultimate, the agony it conveyed the characters' emotions very well.
I'm never a fan of such traids films, but I must say it was shot well. & the theme song is very well composed, can't stop listening to it
This trailer below doesn't do it justice though, I think the one I saw in the MRT stations was tighter & better able to capture attention
Don't give it a miss, catch it after your exams! (:
On a sidenote, I think 趙又廷 is really quite handsome xP