Thursday, October 16, 2008

Butterfly Lovers

Butterfly Lovers movie Went to watch Butterfly Lovers with Xiu today. Wanted to watch it at Cine Cathay but then, we realised that GV at PS had the movie too, & it also had the $6 student price. We bought popcorn regualar, managed to finish. Kinda regret it now cause I really need alota $$$ to buy gifts T.T Should have saved it up @_@ I can nvr finish large popcorn even if I share with 3 more people =.=

GV is insane. About 20 minutes of adverts T.T what a waste of time @_@ Cathay's ads b4 movie is much shorter.

Shall not spoil too much here. But I agree with the movie reviews so far. It's like ... -.-" Quite a waste of time, except that it contains my prince Wuzun, he's my ideal husband x) LOLS =.= No, that was seriously a joke. I don't want a husband's who's so handsome, I'll feel extremely insecure [."] God, You heard that @_@

I found it cute that Wuzun's sword has those 2 butterflies x)


My poor prince cut his hand during filming T.T *heart aches for him* LOLS x)
I found the screen couple Charlene & Wuzun a bit @_@ Oh well, but was quite sweet when he carried her (refer to pict above) Maybe I'm just biased because Wuzun is my Prince & nobody suits him that well in my opinion =.= not even me myself x_x hahas~

But Charlene is so boisterious, that when she acts as a feminine lady in this movie, it's kinda @_@ I really think Gillian would have been better. Because Gillian has a pretty & exquisite look, Charlene is more of cute.

Xiu was saying that Wuzun is skinny, she prefers bigger & more muscular guys. I was quite indignant, HEYS! Wuzun has 6 pack ok? I was like, you watch the movie later, they'll film it. & true enough, (: Xiu was like, ohH really ei! Hahas~ x) Wuzun is just the right size, any bigger & to me it's quite a turn off already.

Harlem Yu was quite funny, added some comic element to movie~
Sad, sad ending. (Typical what, since when do they change this famous tale to a happy ending? It's ALWAYS sad ending -.-") But when they interviewed Charlene, she was saying that people will feel sad & might cry for the couple. However, for me, I was like O.o honestly, I was getting quite bored at the supposedly sad part, cause the couple wasn't that sweet, didn't feel that sad for them. Though I felt more of pain when there were scenes of Wuzun suffering injuries. I was like @_@ ouch, ouch, ouch. Oh how my heart aches at the sight of it, though I know it's fake -.-"
I liked the Butterfly Valley. Pretty (: *SPOILER* But it was ruined cause I thought the first screen kiss of Wuzun in movies will be there in the scenic views but then.... unfortunately... it was in the most macarbe timing. When Wuzun was dying & he kissed her as they both lay in a hole he dug (in the Butterfly Valley) to bury both of them, thinking that she was dead when she in fact wasn't cause she had taken this supernatural medicine which allowed her to still hear what was going on but otherwise seemingly dead. & after the kiss, there was blood on Charlene's lips. EEEEWWW. disturbing to the max, totally horrible 1st screen kiss for Wuzun there, in my opinion [".] *MORE SPOILER*
(Above Pict) *SPOILER HERE* This is when he found out that she was a girl cause he found her unconscious lying on the grass so he was worried & asked if she was injured. She didn't reply so he like, opened her robes to check 'his' injuries only to see her tube in which she used to bind her chest in order to appear like a man. LOLS, after that the two of them were like so shy around each other. Kinda cute & sweet [so typical of couples when they first realise that both of them like each other HAHAS xD]
Xiu was saying that she prefer Wuzun's acting than Charlene's. I noticed the irony, Charlene is very experienced in filiming movies. She filmed loads in Hongkong. Whilst this is Wuzun/Chun's first movie.
For me, the acting was average. Wasn't moved to tears... therefore affect rating. (Well, it's supposed to be a sad movie...& I'm not that hard to move to tears -.-")

Found this action (refer below) quite lame too. Wuzun would hold up his fist & Charlene will hit her head against it. (not very hard of course) It's supposed to be their "lovey dovey action."
Reminds me of this other Chinese olden drama Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan, The Chinese Paladin. Cause the male lead & the female lead's lovey dovey action is that the male lead will tap the female lead's nose gently [".] Duno why, but I guess couple actually all have some lovey dovey action or secret love message? Like in MVP Valentine for the latter. When the male lead can't find the female lead, he's to shout "My fav person in the world is *insert female lead name here*!!!" & the girl will come out.

Okies, kinda lame. I wonder what will be my 'lovey dovey action' in future. I think mine will most likely be using my head to knock my husband's shoulder x) Either that or I'll drill my head on his shoulder. LOLS~ Also, I have this weird thing, I feel very loved when I'm being patted on my head ^^ Not in a condescending way of course, I'm quite sensitive to how it's being done.

Anyway, rating for movie: 2 stars. Added half a star more because of my dear Prince Wuzun. & his acting has improved from last time (: Watch if you like how the leads look, if not, I think you'll really be kinda bored & even slightly disturbed x_x