Sunday, June 1, 2008

Long way to go

1st June 2008 (Sunday)
Lunch was great, e whole family went to a restaurant in a hotel (: I'm thankful for such bonding times.

There was this father behind my table. He had 2 daughters with him, who were both quite young. The older one was very restless. He saw that she doesn't seem to want to eat. So he said, I'll go & get the pram for her to sleep. The wife said, never mind, it's ok. But he said, no, it's not much trouble. Actually, u haf to lyk, go the carpark which is not exactly near. & he was in e middle of a meal. He went anyway.

I tink parents r really amazing. My parents' expression of love for us is is to let us eat the food that we like first. & to nag. (I think nagging is a hobby of most parents)
If parents' love for their children are amazing & selfless, how much more is God's love? When He created all of us in His image... when He forgives constantly even when we don't deserve His kindness.

On a random note, I think when people have meals together, you can see love's expression in the simplest form.

Parents will give the children the nicer food. The guys will put the food for their girlfriend/wife on their plates b4 they take for themselves. If u see ur fren starving coz he/she is saving $$, u'd automatically offer em a bit of ur food wifout em saying anything. (Sumthing a lot of my frenz do, & I can't say how thankful I am for that)

Sometimes, I insist on eating from a certain place. Even though you don't like it, u'll still say "ok, I anything." Then when we're halfway through the meal, u'd tell me, "Actually I don't like to eat these type of food." & I'd go O.o HUH? I thought u say anything? & u'd tell me that, as long as I like it, it's ok with u. Others don't say it, they juz show it unknowingly. (eat really slowly or order very little food)

U'd always take food for me. U'd give me the nicer food. U'd try to make me eat more when I tell u I'm full. Maybe it's just out of duty, not love. Becoz u're obliged to treat me well. Becoz of the nature of our relationship.

Our relationship lacked a process. Becoz there was a leap in between... We don't really know how to treat each other well in terms that are acceptable to each other & others around us, without overstepping the boundaries & crossing that line.

I'm glad God let me meet you (: & somehow, you indirectly brought me to His side. Funny how God works. Amazing, really.


I learnt something from you. Kindness & firmness.

Never used to know where to draw the line.