Interesting
I learnt this saying today at HopeSem
"It took God 1 night to get the Israelites out of Egypt
But it took 40 years to get the Egypt out of the Israelites"
If you are familiar with the Book of Exodus in the Bible, the people wandered in the desert for 40 years because of their lack of faith & they kept pining for their "good old days" back in Egypt even though they were slaves & were treated badly by the Egyptians. Yet God was offering them a Promised land flowing with milk & honey.
The Word of God never fails to amaze me (:
Quite bombarded with teachings recently @_@ [Not really a bad thing I must say] HopeSem, Word For Life & service. There's no official caregroup this week. I think I just might collapse with overdose. Learning so much at one go makes it dangerous that I'll just absorb the head knowledge & not apply it or examine my life with the biblical principles.
__________________________________
"'Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others.'" -----p.14 [Pride & Prejudice] By Jane Austen
Once a lit student, always a lit student *winks*
I have been a rather prideful & vain child of God.
And I want a breakthrough.