Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quote

Tired physically+ inspired spiritually= Not sleeping even though the body screams "I NEED SLEEP"

人最寶貴的東西是生命,生命屬於我們僅有一次。人的一生應當這樣渡過,當他回首往事的時候,不因
虛度年華而悔恨,也不因碌碌無為而羞恥 (:
Very badly translated: Life is invaluable & it only happens once. We should live life this way: when we reminisce, we don't regret wasting our time & we don't feel distraught at having fought for something temporal.

Anyway I think sometimes I always tire myself by not giving myself a day that is sanctified & set apart for recharging & meeting God.

I was listening to a podcast this morning before campus tour by Rick Warren. It was about how to maintain joy in ministry. It was done in a very informal way like they invited pastors to speak on the topic & they gave their two cents' worth supported by biblical principles.

One of the things that robs joy in serving is perfectionism. Something very interesting is that the pastors pointed out that nothing is perfect in this world except the Word of God. & when we compare with someone better we become discouraged, when we compare with someone worse, we become proud & conceited. Instead, we should be trusting God to move even in our weaknesses & trust in His grace to carry us through.

More importantly: Losing your love & desire for God Himself robs your joy in serving in ministry. Once God is no longer the centre of why we do what we do, it is just so easy to fall away & refuse to persevere.

I received quite a bit from sermon today even though half the time I was zonking out & mentally slapping myself to keep myself awake.

OK I really should go sleep now before I burn out!!
It's a long week ahead, packed with activities. I just pray, pray, pray that I will be able to set aside time for God before going to meet Him at a deeper level in our church camp ID2010 happening this weekend.

God, help me to prioritise what is important & make wise, godly decisions that honour who You are in my life!