Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2 year old

2 years old- Looking back on 2009

Happy 2nd spiritual birthday Chloe (: On the 5th Jan 2008 I came to know God when I raised my hand during altar call during youth service.

Now I'm 2 years old! & there are definitely more to come with my Lord & Saviour.

Hahas I still remember that the first service I was at, Shirls our Pastor was telling us to look back at the year & set our resolutions which we ought to keep in mind throughout the year.

In my 1 year to 2 years old journey, [2009] I lost sight of the resolutions I set at the start of the year. It was only recently that I dug them out & started seeing clearly that God has miraculously allowed many of them to materialise. God is just powerful beyond words

I know I am very lag, but better late than never!!!

Looking back on this year,
(1) Starting to earn money
God sustained me through the dry routines of work & provided me with jobs
(2) Pioneering
A very fond period of 2009 that I look back on with a smile because God really showed us that He is the one who grows the seeds that we plant or water. Also a time of trusting in His promises
(3) 1st Became a shepherd, of Xianjue
Sometimes I look back and wonder what I could have done differently & whether I really did give sheepy and God my very best in this area. It was a period of growth & learning how to take care of God's flock. It was also a period of sweat, blood, tears and joy at the littlest progress (: Did it with God & I really pray that this ex-sheep will continue to see more of her need for God everday
(4) Getting to know JC East A better
Serving in greater capacity and through interacting with the brothers & sisters in the unit, became closer to them, rather than the "Hi-Bye" in 2008
(5) Finding the greatest friend in Liyin my sister
Someone I really learnt a lot from, esp her burden for others & desire to make outreach a lifestyle. Really love this sister who always beared with my complaints & bitterness (at times) who always encourages me & points me back to God. Thank God for her

(6) Transfer to UniYA
I won't pretend that I did not experience any difficulty at all because I did & I thank God that I was able to feel what I felt because it was that period that taught me something we always sing "The Heart of Worship" -- [When the music fades, all is stripped away, & I simply come, longing just to bring something that's of worth, that will bless your heart]
God continues to be real in UniYA, I may not know everything about it even now, but I'd say that really, God really has the best plan & His time is never too late or too early.
(7) Slowly I fell in love ... all over again in NYCB1
Through the brothers & sisters covenanted love for each other, their serving spirit, company with humour, I fell deeper in love with God again. Really thank God for this community. My cg members, be it the 1st generation or the 2nd after we gloriously welcomed new faces, every single one taught me something more about God & this community that longs to honour Him.
(8) Picking up momentum again
From slacking in Uni-YA & thinking, "hahas now I'm not taking care of anyone" or "Technically I don't have any responsibility to be high to contribute to the cg atmosphere" to really wanting to contribute to this family of God. Making the effort to know people, taking time out to talk to people, being willing to take the 1st step & open up to others, contributing by serving others (be it in small or big ways)
(9) Word-centeredness
God kept telling me this alot even in my own QT, in shepherdings, in my meet-ups with people from my ex cgs. I really know that God knows that in this aspect, I really need to dig deeper into the Word, allowing it to be the standard to reflect my life.
(10) Courage
Growing in terms of this in this past year, [though there's still a long way to go] Stepping out of comfort zone to do His work. I want to be faithfully fearless for God.

In SHORT, [Sorry I'm so long-winded]
2009 was
1) a year of transitions
2) learning to overcome fear constantly
3) strengthening of past relationships & forming new relationships close to my heart

For 2010, I shall be
1) Growing in terms of loving God's Word & applying it to my life constantly
2) Chasing the seemingly 'impossible' dream that I have always had since I first came to know Him, if it is in His will (:
3) Obeying God in my family more, being a good salt & light at home
4) Regaining some of the child like faith I need to move mountains

Dear Lord, thank You for being so real to me in this past year. There are many more spiritual birthdays to come with You & I pray that I will just continue to be so aware of Your presence in this year 2010.

Cheers to my Lord, my saviour, my best friend, my teacher, my disciplinarian, my encourager, my potter, my healer, my rock, my boss, my wind, my daddy, my reminder, my lover (:




-------------
!!Shoutout!!
See you in June, my dear brother Daniel (Shoobee) Pray that you will really excel in your studies with God, may God's healing work continue in you & NYCB1 will really miss you (: