Hebrews 12:11
11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
I was just wondering why do I find it so difficult to be disciplined & have discipline.
In this case, the verse is referring to the former. God disciplines us like a loving father disciplines His children.
If you know your child is erring badly down the path of no return, would you not stop your child from doing something you can forsee (in this case He really can forsee) will destroy them?
That's where discipline comes in. Discipline without love is just totalitarianism. But discipline with love I would say, is beneficial love.
Yet even when I say this, I wonder how can I know all this & yet still find it unpleasant to be disciplined by my righteous & holy Father? o.O
Then I realised "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful." It doesn't say "SOME discipline seems pleasant, some are painful though." There is a general idea that all discipline is painful. Initially.
However, when we are trained by it, righteousness & peace will grow. To be holy like He is, we need to be disciplined.

This picture just spoke to me. Is this what I look like when I am in the presence of the Lord Almighty?