Goodbye 2009
I can't believe that 1 year has passed so quickly! O.o It's like ZOOM bang 2010's here
Looking back, this has been a year of constant break throughs in terms of my spiritual walk & also in coping with life transitions.
Pioneering, first time trying my hand at work life, stepping up in terms of being an armour bearer, making new friends in uni, moving onto UniYA, getting to know the NYC community, keeping in touch with my friends yet getting to know new friends better, first exam in uni.
In life, we will have troubles but Jesus has overcome the world. This is like the year I experience this the most.
God has been very good this year. Then again, he is always good.
I am turning two years old in my walk on the 5th Jan 2010.
& there are really more to come. I am just very thankful that every year I learn different things, what I read in the Bible & my convictions are constantly tested, walking with Him is a daily decision.
I think one of the greatest lesson I learnt this year is: When everything else changes, God is there for me. He is truly the one & only constant I can rely on.
Friends might lose contact, caregroups may change, services change, schools change as we move to the next stage of education but God never changes.
I think experiencing this fully this year has made me ever so aware that God is the one thing that I will ever choose to chase after.
I have not set my resolutions for 2010.
But before that I first need to look back at 2009. These were my resolutions
I prayed that God will use me more & more & more
Generally, God really gave me many opportunities.
My resolutions for 2009:
1) To be a shepherd, to take care of God's sheep, to love, care, teach them YAY
2) To revive TJC. to do whatever it takes to let someone experience the life transforming love of God. Without God, I don't know how A levels period would have been like... Like O levels? crying every night before each paper, afraid that I won't do well enough to go to TJC? O.o Not anymore. I really want CG08 to be completed. & I want to be part of the team to plant & water the seeds. God, if You are willing to, use me!!!!! use me!!! YAY
3) To grow in patience. & to grow, I have to be tested in it. God, please test my patience & groom me to be a patient person! (I guess becoming a teaching intern would count as a test, especially when children misbehave -.-") patient yes, but relenting no. Firm & patient yes. IN PROGRESS
4) To pick up new skills in talking tactfully & relating to people & observing their body language etc to understand others better IN PROGRESS
5) To grow closer to God, to understand the true significance of His grace more & more each day IN PROGRESS
6) To get to make more friends in university ^^ & participate in more activities if my schedule permits YAY
Hahas most of my resolutions last year were really rather vague @_@
I think for those in progress, I really won't be able to stop learning them. They will continue to be targets for myself.
Just want to thank God for this year, be it through the trying periods where I shed lots of tears, sweat & blood, or the victorious periods when I could give all glory to God alone (:
Here's to a greater 2010 with You~!
Have a good one too, my loved ones