Sunday, February 28, 2010

Love

Love
1 Cor 13: 4-6
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

It's the holidays (for a short-lived one week @_@) Spent Friday rushing through my idol drama 就想赖着你 [Down with love] & I am proud to announce that I have finished the whole series! YES! No more time spent on it or re-watching it!!!

I am really very thankful that I managed to ban myself from the show until the weekends! Imagine how I would have managed to hand in 208 assignment.

Hols are here but I guess I really need the self-control even MORE! Because I constantly fall into the trap of whiling time away. When God only gave us 24 hours for a reason. To live the most in that 24 hours. & get enough sleep to prepare for the brighter day ahead (:

Went shopping with sis today. It was really interesting & exciting! Shopping = bonding time for girls ^^ We tried clothes & asked each other's opinions and we took turns waiting for each other to try clothes~ Hahas~ Felt very blessed to have a sister so near my age. Even though we can't share clothes x)

Was feeling slightly upset because I was expressing my unwillingness to move house again & my parents started snapping at me and saying how christians should not behave like this.

I was reminded once again of the conversations we used to have, back when I was much younger in my walk. If you call those conversations. They were mostly shouting & rantings & accusations & threats.

I really thank God that things have improved slightly but I look at what is coming & I think of what Paul says about him preaching with fear and trembling. (though it is somewhat different) Yet at the same time, I am reminded of who gives Paul the courage, gives him the wisdom.


It took much tears for me to be sure of my convictions then.
& it took much tears for me to be sure of my convictions yesterday.
& it also took much courage.
& it also took much thinking.
& it also took much overcoming of doubt with the Word of God.
& it also took much of the Spirit's constant tugging at my heart.

I have not wrestled with God for such... ...a long time.
Maybe it is because I have been using my flawed reasoning to fight God's voice. & even when His voice is resounding, I choose not to obey.

If Lord is not Lord of all, then He is Lord of none- Quote Louis Peter


"Always hopes, always trusts, always perseveres"
This is love. 'Always' (: