Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Day Love Ballad Singing contest

V-Day Love Ballad Singing contest

Thank God for all my friends & my spiritual family who came down to support. & all those who voted for me through sms like Puvana, Chengying & Den, sorry I wasted ur sms xP Mel, Louis, Shiwei, Michelle, Liting, Kangli my sheppie, Fangyun, Sijie & my sis who also spammed sms ^^ Thank you for going to downtown east especially those of you who live so far away! x_x
Lydia Chen Diya & Carrie Yeo who are the two top female finalists in Project Superstar Season 2 were amongst the judges. they were very nice & talked in a very good humoured way. But at the same time, they were truly very professional & gave ways to improve your singing.

Ivy from 93.3FM was the host for the event. She would happily chat with us & try to make us elss nervous before we started. Probably because of that, the event dragged to 10 plus even though it was supposed to end at 9.30pm LOLS @_ @ the poor judges! x_x have to sit through 33 contestants!! I was number 21.

Me listening to the judges' comments after the singing. I forgot part of the lyrics. So I took the verse 2 lyrics & fitted it into the verse 1 part. In the end, Carrie said even though I forgot the lyrics, the song still managed to flow well & the story of the song was still able to be presented.

Diya said that the song choice was very suitable for today because it was V-day (: Sweet song+ my sweet voice= suitable song. In the end, she sang the exact same song too after all the contestants finished singing! -.-" LOL same song =.= then the contrast was really very VERY big between her rendition & mine. Of course, she's the female champion lehs! @_@ diaos =.= Carrie performed a song too when 16 of the contestants finished singing.

The DJ, Diya & Carrie were very cheeky. They were like saying, do you have a boyfriend? The way you sang the song is just so sweet! are you thinking of him as you're singing the song? Is he in the audience? I was like LOLS no I'm single & available. Sijie terms this phenomenon "My Invisible Boyfriend." HAHAS so cute~

hahas, God is my number 1. Biwen asked me if I'm going on a date that day. & I happily said "YES! I have a date, a date with God in church service" YAY~
Huiyi was contestant number 19. So cool right? Even though it was random, I managed to be just 1 contestant away from her. She went before me. Could tell she was nervous. the judges commented that it was wasted because she didn't move around a lot so she suffered on stage presence. But she really has a nice voice ^^ even the judges think so. Hahas~

After bidding Sijie & Fangyun goodbye & giving them their birthday gifts... ^^ & also to my caregroup & sending Huiyi out...I went with Sis to Gelare. Wanted to find Ben & Jerry's but E-hub doesn't have an outlet =.= AAHH. Oh well~ we ate the waffle with chocolate & strawberry ice cream. $13.60. Ok lahs~I really liked the ice cream. My sis said the waffle should be sweeter but I thought it was fine. the ice cream & the chocolate on top was sweet enough


Me & my sis in Gelare (:
YAY act cute xP

The delicious waffle that is shouting to us: EAT ME EAT ME XP

YUM YUM. I look so super weird in the photo above that I like it (:



God created sweet things for people like me ^^ LOLS~ I pray that there's ice cream in heaven xP Then I can eat ice cream with God. I wonder what flavour He likes? O.o Actually I don't think He needs to eat. I doubt I will either when I'm in heaven =.=

thank God for the COURAGE He gave me to stand on stage & sing a full solo song ^^ He is really my biggest cheerleader & His presence gives me unending assurance. Because He is there, there is nothing to fear. Just do your best & God will top up the rest XP

Through this I also saw that there's really love & a very supportive spirit in the family of God in Hope Singapore ^^ I am so blessed to be in this family. they are so last minute 1 =.= they just found out during that afternoon & soon they were there!

Also, the love from my friends & my sister! x) Thank you Sijie & Fangyun~ Sijie came alone lahs! I mean, !!!! So brave & nice! & she even collected NTU stuff for me from the talk I missed. & just yesterday I was thinking, wah God, I will never be going for scholarship networking sessions or Uni talks cause they are always on saturdays & even if my walk with God is terrible beyond terrible, I will never pon service without being so sick even sitting down is painful or I sprain my ankle again=.= really thank you to sijie! At least I will know what courses there are & all (: & my laogong is always so supportive of me! ^^ Happy 19th birthday to Fangyun laogong xP

Okies, what an unforgettable experience. 1 day I will look back at this & laugh.

If I can sing a solo song in such a crowd... I can definitely lead worship well & meet God at the same time this week!!!! AMEN (: COURAGE is God-given as I step out in faith. It does not come from me.