Friday, February 6, 2009

Ok update

Ops been some time since I last blogged.

Update (some in point form):
-Realised it's much easier to finish typing my MOE intern journal if I write in point form and summarise all the events of the day properly

-Have yet to pass Sijie her 19th birthday (2nd Feb) present
-Owe Chewyan her present for super long already, still haven't met up with her
-Owe Jan her 20th birthday present too
-Fangyun Laogong's birthday is coming AAAHHH owe so many people presents

-School staff in Chongfu is playing "Angel & mortal." Got my mortal a slice of cake from Four Leaves and a random japanese chocolate snack plus a card. No idea what else I can get

-Met up with Linxiu on Tuesday and had dinner & ice cream with her. (Love Mcdonald's chocolate flavour burst) seafood omelette rice at Northpoint was nice ^^But super filling cause I bought sushi too accompany it. Underestimated its prowess.

-Prayer meet on wednesday after going down to TJC for their pdp day. T.T God was really, really very humorous that day. The heavy rain, my painful feet, the totally drenched clothes, the long journey there which was spent standing on my painful heels. (Heels are really killers! But girls just can't go without them @_@ love-hate relationship) thank God for Louis chong frm vj who shared the cab with me cause he was going Bishan, which is my direction! ^^ so it was much cheaper than if I cabbed by myself (: prayer meet was very very refreshing.

-Instantly the next day on thursday, God tested me in what I prayed the night before. Miss Yang from MOE left me a sms. I was struggling because I really really enjoy being with the children in the class I teach in Chongfu and I really wanted to be with them longer and to teach them longer! ): Even though they are weak in studies, all of them are good in their character.

But then if I dared to ask God to guide me to TJC, (which is really a very bold prayer in many many ways) how dare I say that I don't want and back out of it! NEVER ask the Lord to guide your footsteps when you are unwilling to move your feet. So I called Miss Yang and told her the subjects I could probably teach. In my desperation, I actually said... English Lit =.= Oh my tian!!! GOD, I don't want Eng lit, I will DIE teaching that! T_T No English lit, PLEASE T_T GP still ok, english lit= die, Cannot Make It

Through that, I learnt... nothing comes easy. If you want to do His work, you must put God in the centre, then... He not only comes first, but second, third and fourth too. If it's not painful, I will not grow. Of course now I'm praying I can go TJC

-Met Shihao & Ruishan on thursday. They are Mrs Loh's previous TIP interns. Shihao's good friend is Angeline's boyfriend,Qi En. What a small world! Ruishan is taking sociology in NTU, Shihao medicine in NUS. They are both very busy people.

Ruishan went for lunch with her friend from NTU so I was talking to Shihao at the back of the class. You know, I had heard so much about them from Mrs Loh. They are totally different from me. I take time to warm up and only sometimes am I super high. They are the outgoing type. I really learnt a lot talking to Shihao, and how I had been really very passive in my internship for the first 4 weeks.

My class is super cheeky. They kept looking at us & sniggering. Wanhao (one of the students) was telling me, Miss Tang you have 50-50 chance. But Miss Tiong is older than Mr Chew, you are younger. I was like =.= seriously... I only believe in love with God in the centre. Mrs Low was telling me, bring them to church lehs. HMM [".]

-After bringing the hockey boys to the competition and back, went to meet Huiyi & Yirong at city hall to celebrate Yirong's birthday early. went to xing wang cafe cause Huiyi has staff discount of 15%. Ate till I was so bloated I felt like puking. there was cake to squeeze in summore. Watched movie [Bride Wars] till about 11pm. Rather average movie that mainly talks about friendship. reached home really late but was very contented that we 3 had spent time together. Have not caught up with Yirong for SO LONG T.T

-Friday aka today... decided to be more proactive in classes. & YES I think I'm really utilising this remaining time much better now (: Thank God for reminding me to not be so laid back & passive. ACTIVE, Chloe, you really need to be more pro-active in alota things!

am now going to make V-day cards for the children (: I haven't got any concept designs yet .___. what an eventful week.

I thought of changing jobs, to try different sectors. But then... I don't think now is the time. Maybe during university breaks or something.

Which reminds me, March is 3 weeks away... T_T God, really really, I can only depend on You. help me get over the results no matter what they are.