Anger
I realise... anger really gets the better of people.
& I'm not just saying this because I flared up just now.
Basically you need to pay your tuition [school] fees to NTU by a certain date or they will bar you from taking examinations {Yeah, I know -.-"} & I am 100% sure that I submitted the form for GIRO so that they will deduct the tuition fees automatically from my mother's GIRO account.
Everything should be fine right?
Now they send me an email saying I must pay by cheque/cash/NETS at the Student Affair Office, Office of Finance immediately because I have outstanding fees of $3000+.
...
... ...
... ... ...
AHHHH
Then I remembered
Ephesians 4:26-27
"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.
AIYA God shot me through the heart.
So here I am sitting down & analysing my actions & reaction when things do not go my way.
1) ANNOYANCE. Total 100% annoyance. I submitted the form and now you're telling me you didn't deduct the money? So I have to go all the way down to NTU Ulu-land just to submit a form to you in what? Cheque/ Cash/ NETS. Absolute inconvenience. Opportunity cost: All the time I could have spent mugging, [Ok this sounds very =.= I know] transport fees etc etc... That was exactly what went through my mind
2) More annoyance. I had planned to wake up early and mug in a library near my house. [I really can't study at home when my brother is happily DOTA-ing or my sister is playing Granado Espada. Gosh, my siblings love online gaming] Foiled plans. totally.
3) So... without thinking, I started stamping around my room in total anger & irritation. Believe me, when I'm irritable, I don't think when I talk.
4) I stormed outside to print the form that says "This has to be submitted with the cash/cheque/NETS payment." So my parents heard me admist their sleep and asked me what happened. I grumpily told them everything.
5) I went back after printing and my sister asked me again. This time, I replied in the same irritable tone and mood.
6) My father came into my room to ask what I was planning to do about it. I said, go tomorrow lorh in a very very bad spirited manner
Lessons learnt:
*Anger gets the better of me at times.
*I really need to control my emotions and not let them run wild like just now.
*Am I a good testimony at home when I behave like this?
*Am I really praising God in all circumstances or only when things go my way?
Thank God for:
# Teaching me that seriously, I have so many areas to grow in
# My mother is driving me to NTU to settle the payments
# How I behaved instantly reflected my stubbornness: that I am right, it's the Finance Office's fault. How is this reflective of what God says that we should respect authority because all authority on earth is given by God? Pride.
This has been a humbling experience. Just thought I'd share it here.